Eclipse384 AD/DA Converter F.A.Q.
By doing a firmware update on your Eclipse384, you are up to date concerning compatibility issues with all the latest updates of Operating systems and/or any other software. It is intended to download and use the latest Eclipse384 firmware. If there are any new firmware updates, the firmware update icon on your preferences tab will go red!
Keep in mind that if you have previously installed the ECP you have to uninstall it before installing the new version.
- From Start Menu go to All Programs and find Eclipse Control Panel folder.
- Click on the folder Uninstall Eclipse Control Panel icon will appear. Click on the icon in order to uninstall the ECP. This action will uninstall the ECP.
- Go to Computer/System (C:)/Program Files (x86) and find and delete the folder named Eclipse Control Panel.
If you are installing ECP for the first time or just uninstalled it following the procedure described above you have to:
- Download the Eclipse Control Panel .exe file.
- Click on the .exe file and follow the installation instructions.
- After installing and starting the ECP, please go to Preferences tab (upper left corner) and update the firmware of the device.
Important: It is strongly recommended that you update the firmware any time you use a new version of the ECP, as the versions of the ECP are designed for optimal performance with the corresponding version of the firmware.
Of course, in fact the Eclipse384 has two clocks implemented. So you can adjust your set-up accordingly. For example: one clock for your whole setup, second clock for converting.
No. The Eclipse384 is a fully software panel controlled device. In order to use it, you will need a Windows PC or a MAC.
All convertions inside the Eclipse384 happen at 24bits and up to 384kHz.